Chambers were founded in 1950 by Lord Hooson QC and
originally located at 39 Whitefriars, Chester. In 1972
chambers moved to Sedan House, with its distinctive Sedan
porch. In 2006 chambers moved to 1 Stanley Place, another
Georgian Grade II listed building.
From 2005 to 2006 the building underwent substantial
renovation under the guiding hand of our estates manager,
Peter Moss. Many of the original features have been restored
to their Georgian grandeur. We have also been able to
introduce all the IT and other services which a modern
office requires. The project is a £1 million investment,
which is some measure of our confidence in the future
strength of chambers.
Membership has risen gradually but inexorably over the
decades. In that time, some members have become Queens
Counsel and a number of members have gone on from successful
careers at the Bar to distinguished service on the bench.
Several local circuit judges and former judges in North
Wales and Cheshire have been members of chambers.
Former judges include:
The late Judge DT Lloyd Jones
His Honour Eifion Roberts QC
His Honour Alan Phillips
His Honour Huw Daniel
The late Judge Jane Hayward
Currently serving judges who have been members of chambers
The Recorder of Chester His Honour Judge Elgan Edwards DL
His Honour Judge Derek Halbert
His Honour Judge Michael Farmer QC
District Judge Geoffrey Little
His Honour Judge Steven Everett